Conrad-johnson TC5 or Cary SLP 05 ?

Hi,

Little down to choose between these two. Which one would sound better? The rest of the gears are Sony SCD 1, VTL monoblocks, and Paradigm floor standing. Also the consider durability. No chance for home audition.

Thanks,
mesael

Showing 2 responses by kiwi_1282001

Audiofreakgeek
Also CT 5 offers totally modern feature set, remote imput switching, theater bypass while the Cary only offers remote volume

To be clear the SLP-05 offers home threater bypass via switch on the front panel.

Personally i didn't like the CT-5. Being a single gain stage the CT-5 inverts signal polarity and its high output impedance means care is needed with power amplifier selection. The SLP-05 is also a proper two box design and IMHO overall does music better.
Jeffrey...You need to relook at the CT-5 measurements. The output impedance rises to over 1800 ohms at 20Hz and yes I have a personal preference to keep the power supply in a separate box to the sensitive audio circuitry. Ultimately though the SLP-05 sounded far more musical to my ears than the CT-5 so i bought the former not the later. The OP has asked for an opinion and he has mine.