Conrad Johnson MF2100 and Harman Kardon AVR 8000

I am a DVD movie, and music lover.
I used a Harman Kardon AVR 8000 to drive a pair of Infinity Prelude front and cascade model 3 center for my home theater setup. It worked well for watching DVDs as the sound effects were quite dynamic. But I was not completely satisfied when playing music. The music seemed a bit unreal and bass was bit loose. One suggested that I add an external amplifier to drive the front Infinite Prelude speakers. I then added a used Conrad Johnson MF 2100 to pair with the AVR 8000.
I did experience some improvement on the music, but I was disapointed when the sound effects seemed significantly compromised during movie playing.
Is adding the external amp. a mistake, or I made a wrong choice. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

James
junma
Nice- solid state CJ is about as good as it gets in my opinion. Buying more expensive gear really adheres to the law of diminishing returns.

Have fun

-Rob
Thank you, Robr45.
Problem solved. I increased both Front level to +4 and all effects came alive. The high is crystal clear and the bass is even better.
Greatly appreciate the input!
Sounds like you might have a level problem. Recalibrate your processor to output the proper level for the cj. Sounds like the level might be too low.

The cj is a killer amp.