Conrad Johnson CA200 vs. Mcintosh MA6900

Speakers are Proac 3.8. I'm going to a solid state integrated from tube monos to simplify my life. What else do you recommend for under $3500 used? I prefer to stay with a major brand for long term support and resale value.
Music taste is Miles, to Allman Bros. to Van Morrison to Hendrix.
jsbail

Showing 2 responses by tomcy6

I've got a c-j CA200. It is a really nice sounding integrated. No harshness or grain. I'm not familiar with the Mac or the Mac house sound. Some people like it some don't.

The c-j has one quirk, it doesn't have a power button. You press the mute button on the face or remote for 3 seconds to turn it on and off.
I don't think that the CA200 is kept in standby mode when it is shut off. The manual does say that it sounds better warmed up, but you have to either leave it on or listen to it cold for a little while after turning it on.

I don't know why they didn't put a power button on it. They put it in the 18LS case and just ran out of buttons I guess. If you are very impatient the 3 seconds may seem like a long time but for me it's not a big deal. Some people feel that at this price they shouldn't have to wait. Everyone has to decide for themselves if it's too much of an inconvenience.