Conrad Johnson CA200 opinions welcome

I'd love to welcome everybody who either owns or owned this integrated amp to chime in. There are several reviews available online, but very few impressions from actual owners. It's been implied that it has a lot of tube characteristics (warmer sound, great soundstaging), with the addition of a strong, tight bass - any truth to it? I'd love to hear some comparisons, since I know most of us go through a lot of different gears over the time. Thank you
branislav

Showing 6 responses by branislav

Positive Feedback made a comparison with the Pass Labs INT-150 and it seemed that they are pretty similar with the difference that CJ has a bit more distant presentation. Of course, INT-30a probably sounds a bit different than INT 150.
What caught my attention in its description is the less upfront presentation compared to the most amplifiers, with a great soundstage depth, and warmer, perhaps more lifelike midrange. Plus the benefit of 185 wpc, so I wouldn't have to limit myself to a small percentage of speakers. At the same time though, I value clarity and transparency but I'm not sure how well ca200 is in that aspect...
I'm curious as to why they discontinued this item...I meant to ask them when I called them this morning, but they couldn't wait to get off the phone, so I kind of didn't get a chance to ask them.
Thank you for your answer. Yes, I wanted to make sure they didn't discontinued a product because of some issues with it.
I have Volent VL-2 speaker. Though I wouldn't call them bright, they definitely have a lively, upfront nature so I was hoping to tame it a bit and push the soundstage back a little. I might get different speaker in the future, but I love the detailed presentation it provides, so if I get something else, it will probably be something that provides a clear window to the recordings. I did have a completely neutral amplifier that i've sold recently that I think highly of, but I guess I wanted something else. I've been kind of tube curious, but my music of preference is pretty dynamic with fast, deep bass, and I don't get the impressions like the tube integrated amps in a reasonable price range can really handle that.