Conrad Johnson 350 vs Pass Labs X amp

I have a CJ 17LS preamp, CJ Premier 11A power amp and Quad 989 speakers. I'm planning on upgrading the power amp and was thinking of the CJ 350. I don't need 350 wpc but I'm attracted to it because people are saying its the best amp CJ have yet made - even better than the 140. However I've also been reading very good things about Pass Labs amps and was wondering about the X150.5. Has anybody compared the 350 and the X150.5?
PS. You may say I should be comparing the X350.5 with the CJ but as I understand it the only difference in the X amps is the power output, and as I said I don't need 350 wpc.
128x128iansr

Showing 3 responses by iansr

OK, it seems that nobody out there has compared these two amps, so has anybody got anything to say about about either of them on their own merits?
Ethnos - thanks for your post, I will be very interested to hear what you think of the 350 in that set up as it would be the same as mine if I bought the 350.

I got a chance to audition a 350 a few days ago and compared it to a MV60 which is meant to be similar to my Prem 11A. There is no doubt that its a much more dynamic amp with better definition and speed, particularly in the lower registers. It is however a shed load of money as we say here in the UK and a X150.5 would be a lot cheaper. As a bonus it also looks wonderful. Now if I could only afford a pair of XA100s my decision would be easy . . .