Conrad johnson 16ls owners

I'm considering the purchase of a CJ 16LS.....the tube component is made up of six 6922s. I'm assuming that indicates 3 matched pairs. The manual shows a line-up of V1-V6.....does this mean pairs of V3/V4, V2/V5 and V1/V6?

lula
I'm aware of that....I'm planning on tube-rolling, so I need to know how the pairings work.

@sfall

CJ=Conrad Johnson, makers of excellent tube and solid state equipment.

I am a big fan of CJ having owned Prem 14, Prem 16, and currently own the Prem 15 and ET 5. The 16 is an order of magnitude better than the 14. While the 16 and ET 5 have different presentations, both are great to my ears. While owning the Premier 16 I rolled different sets of tubes. I did not use expensive new old stock. In my system with my ears I did not find pair matching or tube position to make a discernible difference. (I am sure golden ear audiophiles will disagree with me). My favourite current production tube with the 16 was the Electro-Harmonic gold pin.

When I decided to retire I switched from the Premier 16 to the ET 5. My rational is that tube rolling with 1 6922 is a lot cheaper than rolling with 6 tubes. I could happily live with either the premier 16 or the ET 5.