Connecting Bose 901 Equalizer to a receiver or another graphic equalizer

Greetings!  I've read a lot of the discussions posted; contacted Bose, Yamaha, Sony, and Kenwood, and still can't figure out how to reconnect my 901 EQ to my system.  Before I moved, the EQ/speakers were connected to this system and worked wonderfully.  My receiver does not have pre-outs but it does have tape play/record and so does the Kenwood EQ.  If someone can assist, I'd be very grateful.

I see a lot of people do not like the 901s.  When I graduated high school and joined the Air Force in 77, I purchased 3 pairs of 901s in Okinawa JA because at that time I loved them.  The pair I kept all of these years are the special edition oak cabinets on stands.  Several years ago, I had the speakers (tweeters) rebuilt.  I have an emotional attachment to them now.  Thanks for your help!
bill901s
You hook the EQ into the tape loop and then activate the tape loop.

If it's not working, check the fuse? No idea if it has one..
Check and make sure your cabling is good..

I never used a Bose EQ, I always used an aftermarket.. PEQ not GEQ. They use to cost more BUT they actually worked.
To be able to notch a filter and add or subtract gain is pretty important.

Regards
Try the Bose community? Not familiar with Bose equalizer but I'm thinking the path to the receiver goes tape out of bose equalizer to tape in on kenwood eq and then kenwood eq tape out to receiver tape in then receiver tape out back to bose tape in? Seems like the logical path to me. I fully understand that emotional attachment as I have Sansui integrated from 1974 that I cant' part with! 
i agree that if your unit does'nt have pre pit main in then you have no choice but to use the tape loop.do you get sound when using the tape loop? if not, your eq maybe defective!!
Thanks for your quick responses.  I will try some of the recommendations this afternoon.  The frustrating part is I know the system works...because it worked before.  If I can't get it to work, I will look for a receiver that's compatible with the Bose EQ and has the pre-outs like the Yamaha RS-700.  Thanks again.
Corrected, I think. 

"...the path to the receiver goes tape out of kenwood to tape in on the Bose EQ and then out of the Bose EQ to tape in on the Kenwood. Switch the tape monitor on and off and you can hear the difference.  If you get it wrong just switch one end of the interconnects and it will be right.