Connecting a streamer via an Ethernet cable

Is there a noticeable difference connecting a streamer directly to an External cable as opposed to WiFi? The reason I ask, is that doing so with my situation would require a fair amount of effort. But if it’s worth it, I’m willing to do it. Thanks.
z32kerber
I've found wifi is the way to go for me. I posted the below on another thread the other day.

Update - I blew my knee out because of an ice storm two weeks after I posted here. As such, I’ve had plenty of time to listen and A/B. The A/B testing was three identical songs in the same format via:
1. Internal HD of my Aurender.
2. Streamed via Tidal (non MQA) via ethernet Cat 7
3. Streamed via Tidal (non MQA) via wireless

My assumption at the beginning was direct from Aurender would be best, followed by hardwired Cat 7 with wireless pulling up the rear. Well, long story short I was wrong. Wireless won every time. Not by a huge margin but enough to consistently be picked as "best" seeming to give faster attack and fuller bloom. This was repeated several times on different days and with friends who’s ears I trust. 

With only a .5 meter run of ethernet cable at this point, I’m not sure additional items in the chain such as a Eno would be helpful. Maybe a better shielded ethernet cord?

Disclaimer: I live on top of a mtn in the middle of nowhere so very little to interfere however the ATT tower is a stones throw so the wireless signal is as close as possible. So your mileage may very dramatically if you’re a city dweller.
I use wired because its convenient and there's less drop outs on the signal.  It seemed my Bluesound Node 2i would drop from the network once a month and then after restarting the unit it would reset itself.

I use wired for my AppleTV because it seems to perform better wirelessly.  
Spent a month doing A/B between Ethernet-wired Lumin  and Cambridge on WiFi into same DAC. The Lumin offered far superior clarity, resolution, depth, and presence. Now, how much of this difference can be attributed to Ethernet vs WiFi as opposed to inherent streamer design, I may never know. But there must be a reason why top mfrs like Lumin and Aurender design streamers with Ethernet connection ONLY, and my suspicion is that listeners can hear that reason pretty distinctly.
The key is to reduce noise whether using wifi or hard wire. When I run a long ethernet cable the sound was sometime worse than wifi. Now I used a .5 meter ethernet with a node plus a lan filter. This setup produces the best SQ for me. Also the different ethernet cables made less difference when the filter is added. 
True statements regarding WiFi hardware. Yeah, it is a good idea to hardwire your high-speed ISP router to the streaming device, then hardware the streaming device to your amplifier(s).