Configuring my system.. component opinions.

Hey All-
I have been a silent reader & student of this forum for a while and value all of your insights and opinions greatly.
I am re-configuring my system and need some advice. I listen to vinyl 70% of the time, apple laptop/iPod 20% of the time, and Radio (..remember radio?) 10% of the time. I use two turntables- Technics SL-1200 and SL-1300. Mostly I listen to rock, jazz, country. I sold my old Mac C29 preamp, but aim to continue using my MC2500 power amp (500x2). I currently use a pair of Spendor A5's, and my listening room is pretty large (40ft x 40ft)- I live in an open warehouse loft in Brooklyn.
My questions:
What are my options as a "preamp" component to get the 2 turntable sources, the tuner source, and a DAC into my MC2500? I probably prefer tube, but simplicity in source selection, reliability, and overall quality are more important in decision making. Is a pair of phono preamp AND a preamp smarter? Price is always a consideration, but I am willing to splurge on a piece that will last me a while.
Could I do "better" with the style of music I prefer (Grateful Dead, WIlco, Coltrane), the powerful MC2500, and my large listening area with a different set of speakers - or are the Spendor A5's a pretty good match.
Thank you all so much for any insights you may have!
Cheers
tudor141

Showing 1 response by ksl822

What about the new Mac C 48 preamp? I just purchased mine from the Upgrade Company and am extremely happy with it. It might give you everything you need, especially the built-in DAC which I feel is better than the W4S DAC.

You can also custom tailor the sound for your room/speakers with the 5 band tone control.

Have fun!