Conditioner for Cary MB500 Monoblocks

Hi all.

Tomorrow I will be installing Cary's MB500 monoblocks into my system. They will be running into the 4 ohm Aerial 9 speaker, so the amps will be putting out 1000 watts per side.

I have a Shunyata Hydra 6, and I'm not sure I want to run the amps through it. I'm concerned about current limiting, suppressing the soundstage...all the usual concerns about power conditioning. I will run the rest of the gear through the Hydra (cd, pre, etc), BUT....

I'm curious about people's experience with big monos and high end conditioners. The ones that have caught my attention are the Furman (ref 20 -- will the 15 be enough?) and the Exact Power (not sure which one). I'm open to hearing about other brands that have worked for you. APS anyone?

It's kind of expensive to experiment, so I'd be grateful for any actual experience you may have with high current high power amps and your conditioner.

Thanks in advance,

Rich (in Portland OR)
rbirke

Showing 1 response by markxiii

When I had my 500MBs I used them with Sound Application XE-12. Jim Weil claims that his conditioners do not limit current delivery. The 500 wpc Cary amps certainly sounded more relaxed, cleaner, with all the residual "hash" gone from the treble. There was no loss in dynamics or bottom end performance compared to running the amps straight from the wall.