Comptability with NAD c350

Hi. I'm just now putting together my first system. I'm going with a NAD c350 integrated and a NAD c521i CD player. My question is this--I listened to a pair of Cambridge Soundworks M80's recently and liked them. Do people out there feel that this would be a good match or are there other speakers I might try in the $250 (used) range?
tutordennis

Showing 2 responses by joe_b

The good thing about Cambridge is that they don't sound bad and you can send them back in 30 days if you don' like them. They are not highly regarded among audiophiles, which may not make a difference unless you are planning on eventually selling them to upgrade-they will probably not have much resale value. You may want to investigate used B&W's, Paradigms, or Sound Dynamics (check ebay). Also check out Axiom and Ascend Acoustics on the internet. The amp you have chosen is very good and can drive a wide variety of speakers.
If you can stretch for the Meadowlarks, I think you will be quite pleased. I haven't heard the Axioms but my impression, based on reviews I have read, is that they sound similar to the Paradigms, which have a metal dome tweeter and which may be a bit forward sounding. If you can, I would lean toward a speaker with a silk dome tweeter, which I think the Meadowlarks have. I have heard the Kestrals and they are a very good speaker for the money.