Component recommendations for Wilson Audio Alexx

hi forum - i'm especially interested in opinions from fellow Wilson Audio Alexx owners on this topic.

I took delivery of my Alexx a couple months ago and am looking at upgrading my streamer/DAC and pre-amp. I feel all set on my amp, which is a Soulution 710 and my cabling, which is purist audio for speaker cables and XLR interconnects. I only listen via streaming and use Tidal hifi, which has masters/mqa, so would prefer a DAC that could support that.

my main dilemma is while my local dealer is fantastic, they carry a relatively narrow range (at the upper end) for streamer/DAC and pre-amp. Their main lines for streamer/DAC are dCS and Linn. I think they also carry Naim but to be honest it's never in the reference room for some reason. In the pre-amp space, it is ARC and D'Agostino. I have read lots of reviews on MSB, CH Precision, Aurender, Lampizator on the DAC side and Soulution, CH, ARC, Kondo on the preamp side, but it's very difficult to actually demo any of these brands.

On the specific questions, I'd love input from other Alexx owners on 1) what setup you've landed on for your digital source and preamp, and 2) what options did you explore (or have) and decide against?

Budget is not a big deal, but if it gets spend-y I look at the pre-owned market first for electronics.

Thanks forum!
kantian22

Showing 3 responses by mdp632

@mtdining What about Spectral electronics and Wilson speakers? 
@kantian22 Spectral SV is very special and very similar to Soulution (very low distortion) 
@kantian22 Also consider the Solution 560/760 DAC to match your amp.  Gives you the pre-amp functionality to drive your 710.  
@kantian22

The EMM Labs DV2 is worthy of your consideration. A reviewer on Enjoy the Music paired with the Soulution 511 and had great success. See the YG Hailey 2 review.

Agree with the other post. Be wary of posters on this thread who are hyperbolic in their "Best " of claims. Most likely a dealer posting only the brands they represent. Too bad you don’t have to disclose that here like in other forums.

There is no "Best" of anything in this hobby. However, finding the best synergy that you subjectively prefer is what matters.