Competitive class D amp suggestions

I have been Class D fun since a few years ago when i bought my first class D amp. I like the concept, in general, and all the attractive features of this class of amplifiers. I tried 4 different ones, currently i  stayed with one of them that i consider to be the best among all four amps. I do enjoy and like it. At the same time,  my 5 watts SET amplifier (with more than 100 times higher distortion according to the specs) gives more natural and (surprisingly) notably cleaner sound (THD of the class D amp is 0.001). The soundstage  of the class D amp is not so bad but that of the tube one is still better.   

I remain attracted by class D amps though. 

Any fresh suggestions on reasonably priced class D amps (i mean excluding  non-reasonably priced class D amps, e.g., Merrill amplifiers)?

Any comments on non-reasonably priced class D amps are also welcome (so far i was not able to audition many class D amps and am curious if there are some which could really compete with Class A). 

128x128niodari

@axo0oxa thanks for a detailed overview on your Vivace.  I think your points of view with be taken into the consideration, certainly it does not sound like a joke. Why you decided to go with Vivace and not with less expensive Audion ? Anyway, apparently you realized your dream, which is the most important thing.

IMO/IME the breakthrough has already occurred- you can now finally buy a solid state amp that sounds better than the best tubes can offer (with the same liquidity, no harshness but with greater detail including depth)

@atmasphere this is what I always wanted to hear!  It only remains to experience it unless it is taken as faith (unfortunately, none of us saw the God, even ones with the strongest faith, so less probably that i will be able to see him ever on this land).

My Salon 2's are very happy with the Storm PA8. 4x1000w in bridged mode. All the others on 3rd floor. :-)

@niodari being retired and having just closed my business I had a little extra money just sitting there in the account I needed to close out. I was totally satisfied with all my components but my amplifier, which had served me well for years. I decided the amplifier was the last piece in my long journey and the last piece to my puzzle. I went for the Vivace over the Audion because I just happened to have the money at that moment in time and I did not want to feel I should have gone for more power, since my biggest reason for this last upgrade was controlling the bass drivers with more authority. All the additional benefits that came with the amplifier were a huge pleasant surprise. What I learned in upgrading my preamplifier in terms of going for the gusto held true with the amplifier as well. Sometimes in this journey you reach the point that you need to leap big to really hear major improvements. Luckily everything aligned for this last jump. I hope this answers your question.

this is what I always wanted to hear!  It only remains to experience it unless it is taken as faith

@niodari Its easy enough to hear. You don't have to take it on faith.