Compatible MC cartridge for Thorens 150 turntable.

I hope I can get some input for a cartridge for my Thorens TD 150 mk II with the original 13a arm; I bought this turntable new in 1970 when I was a student and would like to dust it off and check out vinyl again. The arm needs a cartridge and I want to try a MC. I have a chance to get a Denon DL S1 cartridge with only about a hundred hours on it but I am not sure if it is a good match with the 13a arm, Denon states the compliance as 14x10-6cm/dyne. For about the same money I can buy a new Denon DL 103R with compliance of 5x10-6cm/dyne. I know the arm does not have the best reputation but I am not ready to spend a lot more money yet. My current system includes an Audio Research SP17 preamp, AR VS-110 power amp, Magnepan 3.6R speakers and the use of a Rotel 970BX phono stage. The SP17 preamp has an MM phono stage so the next step would probably be getting a step-up transformer. Anyone familiar with compatible cartridges for a Thorens 150?
gwoelfl
Your question is ambiguous: for your Thorens you can use
any cart whatever. With 'the original tonearm' no cart whatever will be happy. Remove this tonearm and buy the Rega 300 or 301. In an decent tonearm many carts will perform well. But considering your pre-amp you should check the MM thread.Ie any MM cart will do well with the Rega as well with your SP 17.