Comparison of Cardas Clear & Beyond Speaker Cable to Shunyata Sigma or Alpha Cable

1. Has anyone had the luxury of a comparison of the Cardas Clear Beyond speaker cables to either the Shunyata Sigma or Alpha speaker cable. If so, what difference in sonics was noticed.
128x128samgar2

Showing 2 responses by astewart8944

@mikey8811 I have used both Cardas Clear Beyond and Clear Beyond XL PCs on Rowland M925s. In my system (which is a full Cardas Clear Beyond or Beyond XL loom) I wouldn't characterize the XL PCs as "thinner" than the Clear Beyond PCs. Instead, I would say that the XLs take some bloom out of the bass--which to me is a positive development--and provide some additional clarity and detail. However, I will note that there is not a large difference between the Cardas Clear Beyond and Beyond XL PCs. The jump in the Cardas line is substantial between Clear and Clear Beyond (IMO). Between Clear Beyond and Beyond XL, not so much. Having said that I just replaced my Clear Beyond PC with a Beyond XL on my Rowland PSU, so I hear a difference I like, but it is a matter of smaller degrees than at other points on the Cardas line. Could you get the midrange bump you are after with the XLs? Always possible because these things seem to be system dependent.
OP--I haven't compared Shunyata Sigma or Alpha speaker cables to Cardas Clear or Clear Beyond speaker cables. Sorry, I'm no help there--