Comparison of Amphion Argon2 & Focal Chorus 807V

Can anyone give me some feedback on these two bookshelf speakers? Which gives best over-all imaging and bass response (within reason, of course...given that they are bookshelf speakers). Both have great reviews, but I have not heard either. Will power them with a Cayin A-88T.

I'll be using these mainly for ochestral - choral - jazz listening...thanks for any input you can give.
clay49

Showing 3 responses by clay49

...yes, the Profile 908's aren't even on my radar...I've heard comments similar to yours from several folks who've A/B those...similar to what I hear about Gold and Silver series in the Monitor Audio line. The 807V's can be had for under 1K new, the Argon2's run about 1.5K new...just depends on what I can get for my LSA2s...keep those opinions coming...I appreciate the input...
My main quest, as is the case with most who show up in this arena, is to get the best sound for the money, especially in a bookshelf speaker.

I actually have a brand new set of LSA 2 speakers on the way to me (just shipped from the factory), but I already know that they are not going to work for me in this particular setting. I actually bought these as a help to a friend of mine...we got a great deal on two pairs, so now I'm going to probably turn around and sell them when they get to me and pick up a great pair of bookshelf speakers...possibly the Argon2.

These will be used in my office, in a near-field set up...about 7 feet away from me, separated by a bookshelf that is 3 feet wide, facing my desk and basically up against or about 1 foot away from the wall (painted concrete block). I'll be running them with an integrated tube amp....possibly a Cayin tube amp (either 70T or 88T)...still browsing used models here and on E-bay.