Comparison of $11,000 - $15,000 reference speakers

Looking for some feedback on speakers in the $11,000-$15,000 range used (pre-listen seems like an appropriate term if selling with a mercedes). The current rig consists of the Aero Capitole MKll CD Player, Jeff Rowland 302 Amp, JR Synergy11i Pre and N802's. My short list of speaker upgrades are:
N800's (non-diamond)
Sonus Faber Amati's
Kharma CRM-3.2's
or if willining to spend a couple extra $$
Talon Firebirds
Has anyone spent any time listening to and or comparing these models?
How about recommendations on synery with my existing equiptment?
Thanks
gocubs999

Showing 1 response by roystr

why that price range? ive seen systems that the fella spent thousands on amps and devices,then built his own loudspeakers. in fact one guy sold his watt puppys to build his own for a fraction of the cost,,and he is even happier than with the store boughts.

diy isnt for everyone,but for alot of us,,thats the only way we can afford true high fidelity reproduction. in the diy range,,i havent seen many speeks costing more than 2k or so. and those are at the very top of the high fidelity end. most people that spend maybe 500$ or so building their own, have the equalivent of speeks costing 5-18K or more.

if i were you id at least look into home builts,even if you had someone else build them,,youd be ahead of the game,and have a ton of cash left over.. none of this advice applies to those that NEED bragging rites, only to those that want greta sound without needlesly spending cash for no gain.

roy