Comparing MA-6900 to the DK Design VS-1 MkII. . .

Has anyone had a chance to compare these two pieces?
hantrax

Showing 2 responses by bigjoe

ive yet to hear or see the DK gear at any dealers but as soon as i do see it im gonna RUN TO SEE IT!

all the hype over this stuff has sucked me in,i have heard the MCINTOSH MA-6900 many times & if its gonna compete with that its really got its hands full.

one things for sure though,the DK gear will never in a million years be able to compete with the build quality of the mac.

its very doubtfull to say the least that ANY newly designed gear will be able to stand the test of time with the likes of mcintosh & audio research & so on who's designs are lasting well over 50 years.

that would be the scary part for me no matter how it sounds,where will that amp be in 10 years or so ?

mike.
hi bud,very true in the fact that i am biased but only to a point & not to a fault,ill explain.

most people tend to speak of what they know & my comments were no different.

when this amp is being compared to SET amps SET owners speak of what they know to be a quality of most SET amps that will be hard to match.

i have zero knowledge about SET amps so i cant speak about those comparisons but i have a vast knowledge about mac gear being that ive tried about 70% of that manufacturers product line from all build periods in my home.

i wasnt comparing the sound between the 2 different units & the DK amp might very well be better in that area & i will never know about that comparison unless i have it in my home to try out & the look of the gear being compared is subject to personal preferences.

my coments were not soley based on MCINTOSH gear but were generalized about comparing a new product with equipment that has proven durable & lasting over the course of many decades.

i could of went further with my examples of gear that is built to last a life time & has proven itself to do just that but the amp wasnt being compared to any other gear & my personal knowledge of other gear is very small but i know mcintosh gear in & out.

the one & only point that i was trying to make was that the durability factor really needs to come into play at some point here dosent it?

i wish the best of luck to DK design & i truly hope that they have designed a fantastic sounding product that will last a life time but more needs to be proved here other than just good sound & low pricing.

please keep in mind that my comments were based SOLEY on durability & not sound or looks.

mike.