Companies that repair/refinish speaker cabinets?

Greeting all,

Alas, my newly purchased Acoustic Zen Adagios arrived having taken some damage to the finish and cabinet.  I am tasked with finding someone who does these kinds of repairs -for insurance purpose I need a written estimate- but find this is well outside of my knowledge 'wheelhouse'.  Anyone have a lead on these sorts of folks or companies?

Thanks
TOm
ruraltom
It should come as no surprise that they arrived damaged as the original boxes are only adequate for one shipment and only then if they are strapped down to a shipping pallet. I know, I was the original owner of a pair for five years. 
Besides the marginal packing, the enclosures are fabricated from inexpensive Chinese chipboard and painted. Your best bet is not a woodworking shop but an automotive body shop. You will need them to fill in the dents and dings with Bondo and then repaint them with automotive spray paint. Don't believe me? Watch and report back. 
Could easily be over £700 per speaker, as I have learned. Can be done cheaper but less well.
Price isn't really the issue, I need a quote for insurance.  I'm not sure I will actually have them refinished but recompense is due for loss of value.

I'm pretty sure Bondo and automotive spray paint isn't the solution for a high gloss, maple burl veneer, but if they'll provide me with a rational quote, I'm not picky...

The people that can properly repair you speaker cabinets are out there.  
My first encounter came when our brand new Ethan Allen dining set arrived with flaws 20 years ago.  EA sent a guy out that was able to touch up the defects and them match the finish on the repair to the rest of each piece.  To this day I cannot identify where the repairs are.  
For repairs that require more work I encountered a local company at work when our offices flooded and we brought this guy in for estimates of repair on the better real wood and veneer furniture.  He could restore most anything wood to its original appearance.   He caught my attention about possibly restoring the cabinets on my low use Dali Helicon 800 speakers in the gorgeous Rosenut piano gloss finish that I purchased on CL as UPS damage write offs a couple of years ago but that’s a story for another day.  I do know he could bring them back to their original appearance.

My suggestion is to talk with Ethan Allen and see if they will share the contact they use for their furniture warranty claims or go through the yellow pages for local quality furniture restorers.