Compact DAC + Amp

All

recently moved to NY and need to downsize my HT. Right now I use 3.1 channels and planning to move to 2.1 channels. 

For speakers i am considering Focal 1028 be or kanta 2. 1028 is on sale at $5000 and lowest price I have gotten on Kanta is $8500. 

While most practical option is to get a soundbar (looking at Martin Logan or Golden eat), I considering a second option - a small footprint amp placed on a small wooden floating shelf under the wall mounted TV and feeding speakers through speaker cables run through the wall vertically. I need a small footprint DAC + Amp for that. 

Options so far are
1. Sonos amp - major advantage is it can feed Sonos Sub wirelessly 
2. NAD D3040
3. Peachtree Nova 150
4. Naim Uniti Atom

I heard Naim and liked it. But would like to stay under $2000 ideally. If size wasn’t a constraint, I would have probably considered used H190
Any othee options worth considering?

marrduk24
Seems like a waste to buy great speakers and average electronics....   I have said many times, " Buy once , cry once"   The Naim is the only one on that list I would consider.   It feels like a quality piece and the volume control is slick...You can buy a wireless adapter for your sub,  Rel makes one and so does Velodyne and others.  I use one and it works great.
Thank you. I guess other options would be Sim 240i and Rega Elex R, though their footprint becomes larger. 

Of the discontinued Naim models, what would be a great buy?
Yeah, I'd have to agree with @oddiofyl that this is a bit of a tough ask at that price point and not be a mismatch in quality between speakers and electronics.  Two that might work and are available here now at a bit over your price target are the Devialet 120 and Micromega M100.  They don't really have a small footprints, but they are only about 2" and 1.5" in height, respectively, so they don't take up much space.  I believe one or both could be hung on the wall if that's an option.  Anyway, best of luck.