Comments on Ayre AX-7e+External DAC vs Hegel H160

Unfortunately, my Sony Blu-Ray player in my home theater system does not have RCA output jacks. I run a cable from my TiVo cable box to my Ayre AX-7e amp for audio (use HDMI for video) BUT cannot connect my Sony BDP-S6500 Blu-Ray player to my Ayre AX-7e amplifier (no DAC). Most new TV’s also do not have RCA jacks. My options are:

1) Purchase another DAC that takes the Sony coaxial output to the DAC and then to the AX-7e using balanced connections for the best sound quality from the AX-7e integrated amplifier.

2) Purchase the Hegel H160 integrated amplifier (or another integrated amplifier) since it has a broader set of input connections. The H160 has a variety of connections, varying from classic balanced and unbalanced analog connections, to Home Theatre integration and onwards to various digital inputs. I am not familiar with Hegel products so any comments on the Hegel H160 amp would be appreciated (or Hegel separate DAC).

In summary, I am inclined to keep my Ayre AX-7e integrated amplifier since I like it very much. Assuming I chose this option, what DAC should I purchase? My audio only system has an Ayre QB-9 DSD DAC and I prefer a less expensive DAC that has balanced outputs to take advantage of the AX-7e balanced inputs. A separate DAC gives me the option to update either the amplifier or the DAC.

My Sony Blu-Ray player is used mostly for movie streaming and sees limited use for DVD or CD's. I am undecided on a budget since I need to decide on what my options are.

Does anyone have any recommendations?
hgeifman
The Music Hall 599 Dac has all the inputs you need and feeds
an XLR out to the AX7 with decent results.
Thanks for your above suggestion regarding the Music Hall 599 DAC. It was on my list.

Since my Ayre AX-7e amp is balanced, I wanted a balanced DAC priced under $500. After weeks of searching, I purchased the Musical Fidelity M1 DAC. This is an $800 DAC on sale for $499 delivered. See (you might need to copy and paste this link into your browser):

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-53380-musical-fidelity-m1dac-a-digital-to-analog-converter.aspx

The purchase of the Musical Fidelity M1 DAC means I can keep my Ayre AX-7e amplifier (home theater system). That is great news since I like it very much.