Comments / Observation on Dynavector 505 tonearm?

Hi Analog fans/experts:

I am trying to get information for this arm.

I own a VPI JW19MkIV (TNT platter) with an RB300, and have a friend who is selling me his Dynavector 505 arm. I have at hand an additional undrilled armbase for the VPI, currently using a Denon 103r cart/Michael Yee phono preamp.

1.- Can you share with me your experiences with this arm?
2.- Is it a safe choice to install it on my VPI?
3.- What pitfalls should I avoid?

Thanks for your valuable insight.

Fernando
128x128flg2001

Showing 2 responses by rauliruegas

Dear Tom: Your first issue about thenylon set screw: this did not exist on the DV-505, so there is no problem here.

I agree with you that the changes in VTA have to do " out off the road ".
The thirdly is not a problem at all.

+++ " I think it was a bit too laid back , " ++++

Well, I think is a neutral tonearm with the right cartridge ( like own Dynavector XV-1 ). The perception of " laid back " sound is a subjective issue that have to " see " with what we like, but I respect your opinion. I own the 505 not the 507 . I remember that I installed my Koetsu RSP in the DV- 505 and with a very pretty sound ( maybe with a little low bass loose, but not laid back " per se ". ).
The 505 tonearm is an excellent tonearm with very cleaver design and a bargain at the " used " price that we can find it. I like to use it in a statically balance way.

Tom, try the 507 in this fashion balance instead dinamically balance way and let us to know what you experienced about.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Dear Tom: I celebrate your opinion about the XV-1: ++++ " with the magical XV-1s riding on it. " ++++

I always support this cartridge in this forum, unfortunatelly many peoples looks elsewhere loosing the opportunity to own and experience one of the best quality music/sound reproduction cartridges ever made by any music standards.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.