Come Back Geoff Kait!

Has anyone heard from Geoff? 

I miss his humour and acerbic wit. 
soma70
As a very occasional poster here I still managed to get that GK did thoroughly enjoy yanking people's chains. Especially if it had to do with Tekton Moabs for some reason. Not sure exactly why as they are perfectly adequate speakers.
Carpathain, as long as I don't leave you cursing "...wtf did he Mean by That?!" *L*  You'll know when my hinges fail....;)  Not quite yet...*G*

Meth....hmmm....meth od...method....understood....I had a fancy 'bout speed and internasals...put the brakes on, and set the parking brake.
Resorted to too strong coffee instead.... No, no Red Bull BS...

The caffeine is from urea....a component of fertilizer.  Look it up.
Stop drinking sh*t, really..... 

BTW...I can Xlate myself, but fear the result might prove to be worse.

(This forum is actually being kinda fun, get everyone tradin' jibes 'n asides...The Forum About Nuthin', shades of Seinfeld....'Philes Phoolin' About'...;)...)

Keep your Babel fish amused...when pissed, they eat towards the center.  You can spot the symptoms; flapping mouth syndrome, much adverbs about nothing....😏

I'm a journeyman on a serious quest to solve a guess.

GK missing all the fun...assuming he'd find this fun....;)

"I'm takin' little white pills and my eyes are open wide", from the classic C&W song "Six Days On The Road, written by Earl Green and Carl Montgomery. First made famous by Dave Dudley, covered by just about everyone, including Merle Haggard, The Flying Burrito Brothers (Gram Parsons, Chris Hillman, Chris Ethridge, Sneaky Pete), Steve Earle, hundreds of others.

I myself have performed the song in honkytonks from Northern and Southern California to Springfield Missouri (home to the great roots bands The Skeletons and The Morells, both including the great Telecaster player D. Clinton Thompson and his partner-in-crime Lou Whitney, a solid bass player and producer. Fans of theirs include not just myself and my musician pals, but also Dave Edmunds, Nick Lowe, and Elvis Costello). The song is a certified classic, audience members regularly requesting it. If you're going to play honkytonks, you had BETTER know it!

Those little white pills are the cross-tops referred to above. Also known as bennies, short for benzedrine. Popular not only with long-distance truck drivers, but also bands on the road. The bands that travel the white version of the black "chitlin' circuit"; one night stands in bars, roadhouses, dancehalls, granges, etc., miles apart, scattered from sea to shining sea. Play the gig, pack up the gear (unless its a 2-nighter), go back to the motel for beers (Evan Johns drank Budweiser in the can, at room temperature. Oy!) and whiskey (and weed for those so inclined). Sometimes just the band, sometimes with a few females from that night's audience. You wanna get to know the country? Travel it in a band. ;-)

Up in the morning and back on the road, washing down the bennies with a fresh beer or Bloody Mary. It was on that circuit and in these venues that The Hawks (later known as The Band) worked for years, in the process becoming the best ensemble Rock 'n' Roll band in the world. Dylan could have hired anyone, he chose them. Best band he ever had. 

roxy543,462 posts09-20-2020 9:44pmoldhvymec,
That was a cute story about your childhood, but I want to correct you about the white crosses (cross tops). They are not meth, which is a whole lot worse.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yea I know, the stuff I was talking about you could get a Dr to write a scrip on... I know. I just stayed away, pretty much. BUT in CA. That stuff is everywhere. No thanks... I remember being able to get scrips for steroids. I use to use them the heal, and recover A LOT quicker. Sure use to bulk up quick, 6 weeks or so of it.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I wouldn’t wish I’ll health on anyone. Geoff allows me to feel grateful that I have a full life . Otherwise I might be a spineless , weak , poop talking individual, that is the leader of an online circle jerk .

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

I wish you good health, hope you feel better,

I have a cousin, doing life in a Texas Penitentiary. My wife has a cousin doing life, he was in San Quentin, been in since he was 19, he’s 71 now.
Spent more time in jail than Charlie Manson. The guy was high and committed a crime, he still can’t remember, what he did.. It’s strange the two other guys, (mommies and daddies that had a LOT of money) remembered EVERYTHING. THEY were the killers, walked away SCOTT FREE, lawyers, money, and the Latino kid went to JAIL, forever.. EVERYONE knew what happened, no one did a thing, Pittsburg CA, Mid to late 60s.

You got PTSD, and heart problems, and HAD to beat people to a pulp. I’d never do it, I’d have to walked away..
NEVER had to beat a soul, EVER. I have, but I never HAD TO.
Yup I use to kick box, thought I was tough. LOL

Yea When they fight back and aren’t afraid to fight back, Tell me all about PTSD who doesn’t have it? I muddle through mine, sheer hell! My father, a lot of my friends. I didn’t choose mine, It was a gift, from guess who?

I spent 89 days in a Panamanian, lockup, 4 X 4 cage, PTSD, I’ll take it, I’m alive...and happy to have it.. I think every day about those guards, 47 years ago. Every day... One. ONE would give me rice WITHOUT cockroaches, I wanted the protein, just out of spite...
All behind Vaccines from SE Asia being transported, to the Philippines, and Detroit diesel parts going to the Alaska. MECHANIC, I was the mechanic... I was lookin’ for STDs not PTSD. Crap!!!

I laugh about it NOW, there are two side to every coin.. 47 years ago, though, I might have argued a bit..

Regards