Combak - Bravo

Heard these yesterday, was floored. Any one else have experience with this beautiful little speaker?
http://www.combak.net/bravo/BRAVO.htm
mizrachi

Showing 12 responses by jrd351

not even in the same world......if its also about money, get the gradient preludes....if the money isn't an object, the bravos.
yes...the arrows are nice but not nearly as nice as the bravos or the preludes
the combak bravo is a more expensive(read angular cabinet) version of the geadient intro which is superb. it is made by gradient for them. both are availabble through mayaudio.com
gradient builds the speaker for the harmonix brand. the bravo and the intro are sealed enclosures. other than furniture, the specs are the same. the gradients are 1795. the bravos much more......mayaudio.com
identical placement,seas driver...the gradient cabinet is beautiful(but without the angles......they both throw an incredible soundstage....p.s. harmonix/combak outsources for all amps and speakers....the reason for the fuss in japan is that they are first class products from first class manufacturers...in this case, gradient.
the combak literature says the entire speaker is built by gradient to their specs, but they sure sound the same to me...although the frequency range on the prelude is greater
...the gradient prelude is sonically the same(not inferior in any way) and it retails for 1795. the speakers should be placed against a wall(like the classic allison fours). the cabinets are also beautful although they are not angular...both the bravo and the prelude are built in finland by gradient who also builds the quad subs.
i own the revolutions and think quite highly of both the prelude and the bravo...what gets me crazy is the difference in price....the cabinet is nicer, but certainly not $2000 nicer.