Coincident Linestage vs CJ CT5 or Allnic L-3000

I currently own a Conrad Johnson CT5 but would like to upgrade and move to a preamp with XLR in/out. I have tested the Allnic L-3000 which I find very intersting, and I am also interested in the Coincident Statement linestage. Has anybody compared the Coincident to the CT5 or the Allnic?
obrennan1963

Showing 4 responses by philipwu

Coincident Statement linestage does not have a true fully balance circuit. XLR input is matter of convenience only.
if you have not heard of CSL, it very very airy and light in musical notes but smooth, & somewhat polite. the music seems to float in the air and very entended. Very clean and Superb detail, rivalling anything that cost 3x higher.
Oh.. that's nice to know. thanks! i'm haven'nt made up my mind yet. need to hear the ATma MK-1 & Purity audio design & velvet "block" before pulling the trigger.
my guess is :
$0.02 tells me when a transformer is used to split signal that enters from RCA connector into positive & negative phase for further "procresing" then the amp is fully balance. however, if a balance connector is added for convenience and subsequently, signal enter through this balance connection then get converted by transformer into SE circuit,i would guess it would not be full balance circuit, right?
it would be top notch if Coincident can offer 2 variants of volume control(more steps at higher price) to capture a bigger market pie.