Coincident interconnect opninions

I have been using Coincident's interconnect between my CD player and integrated amp. I am quite happy with the sound. To sum it up, it is the best copper interconnect I have had in my system to date. I feel the strong suit of the cable is its evenhandedness. Not pushing any part of the musical spectrum in my face, yet not veiling any part of it either. All the music is there; from its low, taut bass through the clean midrange to the extended, detailed, but not crisp treble. Soundstaging is excellent, among the best. I cannot fault the cable in any area. Usually, I can say I liked the cable, but... I cannot do this at all with the Coincident interconnect. The fact that this cable costs $299 leads me to question the need to spend more. Sure, there will be other cables better suited to other systems. But does one need to buy megabuck cable when we have incredible products from Coincident, HomeGrown Audio, and Silver Audio at our fingertips? Maybe it is best to seek out reasonable cable first, and then ascertain whether wire that costs more than $1000 for a meter is needed. As my opinion is based on what I hear in my system, it is not absolute by any means. With my tube amplification and silk dome tweeters, it is difficult for a cable to come across as bright in my system. There are other idiosyncracies of my system, just as there are in all of ours. I am wondering what the reactions of everyone else who has tried this cable are. How you compare this to other cables? Has anyone found better? And has anyone found better for less than $1000? Thank you to everyone for your consideration.
trelja

Showing 1 response by joekras2785