Closest to pass labs int 250 or x250.8

So I have been reading all types of sources on the net to find a consensus on the best performing power source currently out here.

Pass Labs int 250 and the x250.8 amp seem to be at the top of the list in the $12,000 /$10,000 range.

Unfortunately, That is too rich for my pocket. I am look at used or refurbished but it might be a while before I find one at a price I can handle.

From what I hear they both handle highs very well. I don't want a power source that produces bright highs. My ears can't  take it. 

My question is... What power source can get me the closest to the sound of the Pass Labs without their price tags?

I have power Hungary Revel F-52's and I do like to play my music loud at times. So I want the 250 wpc or so.

Current power source is an HK 990 intetgrated. And the highs seem to be to bright or slightly muffled depending on the settings.

I'm trying to find something I can enjoy for a long, long time. Not interested in constant flipping of components. 

Thanks for your help.

Mark

meambler

Showing 1 response by wilzy

I've owned all sorts of stuff, from McCormack, to B&K, Krell, Wadia, McIntosh, Audio Research etc, and currently have some Odyssey Audio Stratos Extreme Monos in my main system, driving some Sonus Faber Olympica 2's, and they sound amazing. Odyssey is well worth a look, IMHO.