Clements Response speakers - seeking information

I have a pair of Clements speakers the model is called Response. I cannot find any specs or information on these speakers or any other speakers that may be in the Response line. I would like to know if they are made in Canada or the U.S. and the year they were made. The speakers are about 3 feet high with a Black Piano finish. They have a 6 inch sub and a 1 inch dome tweeter. Looking for any info I can find. I have had other Clements in the past but these sound by far superior
aprilwine

Showing 2 responses by riley804

Found this info on another site :

Clements speakers began life as a company called Phase Research in about 1976. Philip R. Clements was owner and designer of a line of two way speakers. The company was based in Dallas Texas thus the name of the smallest speaker the Little "d" from Big D. (that was back in the day's of
Dallas the TV show). I joined Phase Research in 1979. By 1980 we were building our own ribbon drivers. After a fire destroyed our warehouse in 1981
the company went down in flames, sorry a poor chose of words. A couple of years later the company rose from the ashes (sorry again) as Clements Audio
Systems. Clements Audio garnered some high praise from press and the audio
industry. Unfortunately after some tough financial times in Texas Clements was sold to our dealers in Canada. Production was moved to Toronto. Clements the company then changed hands again, Clements the company now
again is in the hands of Clements "THE MAN" Philip R. Clements. Phil now has
not one but two great loudspeaker companies. www.solusaudio.com
Great to hear the intrust in our work, USA and Canada after all the years.