Clement Perry's new reference speaker

I just got finished reading on the Stereo Times website a review of the Sunny Cable Magistic reference speaker by Clement Perry who is the publisher/founder of this website.

These speakers retail for $90000.00 a pair, they are a horn based speaker design. Mr Clement's reference was the highly regarded Dali Megaliners, untill he tried these in his home system.

I have never anywere read or talked to anyone who has ever heard Sunny Cables wires and speakers, only on the Stereo Times were they are quite impressed by this line of wires and now this reference speaker.

So, my question to you GON members, have any of you ever listened or auditioned Sunny Cable wires or their line of speakers, if so thanks for sharing
teajay
I do think the room was poor; all those on these floors have partition walls and are hardly sonically isolated from those around them.
I could be wrong, but I did not see any partition in this particular room. Electronics, speakers, cables and about 15-20 chairs. I did not see any room treatments but that was a common seen at the CES.

I suggest to use some treatment in my friend's rooms but he refused (plus eq. iso. stands)......why????
He wanted to show how it would sound in an average home.
TOO BAD.....it could have sound a lot better.
Mrjstark
They appear to be the H3W12, these are the ones I listened to at RMAF, I spent over an hour with these and they were very enjoyable. Hard for me to view these as bright or fuzzy. With all speakers and components; setup and room asthetics play a major role IMHO. I believe listening to a speaker in your own setting is most critical. FWIW, All I know is what I remember at RMAF.
I agree, that audition should take place in your own home (listening room). Usually, all speakers will sound better
in your (or my) room then some ballroom at CES or RMAF.
Dealers, manufactures when preparing for these shows rush through set up and calibration which often leads to sound that is less then perfect. Great products turns out (here) questionable and controversial. Sad but truth.

"Hard for me to view these as bright or fuzzy"

I have never said that they are bright or fuzzy.
What I said was that sound was OK but not GREAT.
Which is quite disappointing.
If you are interested in these speakers, don't pay attention what I or others have to say - just try them if you can.
Mrjstark
Im sure you know, it's sometimes very difficult to make arrangements to audition certain products in our homes. We have to sometimes trust opinions and the written reviews of others, this is why I am seeking bits and pieces of information on these threads.

I know you did not say they were bright and distorted, someone else made that comment.