Cleanest CD recording to test with

... hello to all...

I'm sure this has been a topic of discussion from all different perspectives, regarding well-recorded music that although it is sudio produced (as opposed to a recorded live event) is so clean and "real soundin" - you close your eyes and the artist/musicians are REALLY THERE IN FRONT OF YOU!

For me the following exhibit what I'm talking about: the 1st disc of the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS 'STADIUM ARCADIUM', NORA JONES ' COME AWAY WITH ME', JONI MITCHELL 'BLUE', MILES DAVIS 'KIND OF BLUE' and DAVE BRUBECK 'TAKE FOUR'...for Older recording the brand/issuer seems to make a major difference.

Your suggestions/recomendations would be greatly appreciated - please help me expand my repertoire of what I term EXPERT STUDIO RECORDINGS.   
justvintagestuff
... my CD go-to tracks for small jazz groups are Lars Erstrand and Four Brothers (track 7 - un-named, off 'OPUS 3 Test Record 3' CD) and "PLAYED TWICE" by The Fred Hersch Trio (off Chesky Records 'The Ultimate Demonstration Disc')...

ALL GREAT OFFERINGS - thank you all. PLEASE KEEP 'UM COMIN'...
justvintagestuff

Second, Fred Hersch on Chesky Records. Anything from Telarc label as well.  Happy Listening!
I forgot all about Oregon.  I need to try and pick up another copy.
Thanks for reminding me. 
I agree. It is a good topic. And yes there are many variations of it going in various active threads. But that's okay.

Most new music is being recorded in sloppy, low DR high loudness format so it is good to hear what is out there that is well produced and well suited to demonstrating what a good hi-fi system can do.

My two recommendations: Steely Dan's "Two Against Nature" and Mark Knopfler's "Tracker" are both sonically outstanding. I am anxiously awaiting Knopfler's new album due in November.

I use the dynamic range database to vet various CD releases and have found it to be a valuable resource. DR isn't everything when it comes to SQ but there is not much you can do with a narrow DR recording.
Stumbled across your post just now and will throw in the three that I am listening to this morning.  Was in the mood for that sourcery that you are referring to - no walls to be found type of sound.  Music and musicians placed across and deep in their specific venues.  Today's three are....

Dave Weckl Band - Live (and very plugged in)

Melody Gaedot - My One And Only Thrill

Acoustic Alchemy - Against the Grain