Clayton Audio Class A

Just curious: are there many amplifiers out there that use a balanced bridged class A design like Clayton Audio?
For both the M300’s and the single box version S2000, Wilson uses two class A 75 watt amplifiers in bridged design per channel. Just haven’t seen that topology spoken of much. They do sound quite good. Would love to learn more about this topology. I know it allows larger class A wattage outputs but still surprised that bridged designs double down. (300 into 8/600 into 4). Thanks for your thoughts about balanced bridged class A topology.
audiobrian
I have the M300s and I believe your S2000 is for the most part two of those in one chassis.
There are many bridged differential designs such as McCormack's DNA-500 and all of his SMc modded amplifiers that are converted to monoblocks, Cary's 500 series amplifiers, Bryston's big amps, I believe the PS Audio BHK Signature 300 monos, and many more.  Most of these are specified to double power from 8 to 4 ohms but most are not as comfortable driving loads below about 4 ohms.  As a side question, are you sure Wilson is not using two of his S100 amplifiers in each monoblock?
Hi Mitch2

Yes, you are correct. The S-2000 is 2 x M300’s in one chassis, or 2x M100’s bridged per channel.  I had the M300s for 7 years, and then decided to go with the single channel S2000 for my small listening room with upgraded power supply.....absolutely fabulous Amplifiers, both M300s or S-2000.  Thanks for referencing all the designs that use bridging in their high power monoblocks. 

I think some of the responses might be confusing Bridged design and being bridgeable?

Wouldn't the truly bridged designs be a full push pull design with no common ground?  Even if an amp was push pull, it doesn't mean that there two bridged amps in a channel?