Classical Music for Aficionados

I would like to start a thread, similar to Orpheus’ jazz site, for lovers of classical music.
I will list some of my favorite recordings, CDs as well as LP’s. While good sound is not a prime requisite, it will be a consideration.
  Classical music lovers please feel free to add to my lists.
Discussion of musical and recording issues will be welcome.

I’ll start with a list of CDs.  Records to follow in a later post.

Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique.  Chesky  — Royal Phil. Orch.  Freccia, conductor.
Mahler:  Des Knaben Wunderhorn.  Vanguard Classics — Vienna Festival Orch. Prohaska, conductor.
Prokofiev:  Scythian Suite et. al.  DG  — Chicago Symphony  Abbado, conductor.
Brahms: Symphony #1.  Chesky — London Symph. Orch.  Horenstein, conductor.
Stravinsky: L’Histoire du Soldat. HDTT — Ars Nova.  Mandell, conductor.
Rachmaninoff: Symphonic Dances. Analogue Productions. — Dallas Symph Orch. Johanos, cond.
Respighi: Roman Festivals et. al. Chesky — Royal Phil. Orch. Freccia, conductor.

All of the above happen to be great sounding recordings, but, as I said, sonics is not a prerequisite.

128x128rvpiano
Indeed , I heard her live here in Twin Cities recently in the very fine acoustics of the 350 seat hall at Macalester College.Hayden , Chopin and Schumann program .
The lady was a powerhouse on the great Steinway at Macalester , lengthy standing ovation , she is the real deal . 
So I downloaded some Angelich, and like it very much.But there was a real gem in one of the downloads, i.e., Marietta Petkova.She plays the Rachmaninoff Preludes as well as anyone I ever heard.Here is a review from Amazon: Before I heard this remarkable recording, I had never even heard of Marietta Petkova! She has made quite a few recording for the somewhat obscure Doron and Challenge Classics labels, but not so much as a “whisper” of her incredibly beautiful and felicitous touch, unforgettable mastery of both pedaling and rubato and searing interpretive penetration have ever reached me.
I have heard no other recordings of the C-sharp minor, B-flat minor, G major and B minor Preludes that have simply moved me to tears and distraction as quickly and decisively as these have: phenomenally gorgeous and other-worldly in every respect.
That this recording is not more widely known and appreciated is simply criminal and speaks volumes about the true state of present “perks under the table ” musical criticism and the “money and glamour first” recording industry in general.
I have now listened to these discs 5 times through, with the greatest joy and satisfaction, and I cannot for my life understand how such an incredibly and beautifully talented Bulgarian pianist - gifted from above with musical intelligence and insight the equal of (and even surpassing!) Richter, Ashkenazy and Osborne – could come to be so neglected and even unappreciated?
You have my absolute assurance that one listen ALONE will suffice to lift this improbably triumphant tour de force to the level of “first choice” in your collection of illustrious Rachmaninov Prelude recordings.
Wholeheartedly recommended!
https://www.amazon.com/Rachmaninov-Etudes-Tableaux-Preludes-Sergei-Rachmaninoff/dp/B0000713BH
Has anyone ordered CDs from Presto Classical recently? Just tried to order the Sony reissue of Bigg's recording of the Rheinberger Organ Concertos (not available from Amazon) and am having problems. Won't go into specifics but would appreciate any information from others concerning this site/business: https://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/classical.