Classic Ortofon Cartridges: The MC2000 MK II or the MC3000 MK II?

So I have owned quite a few Otofon cartridges over the years, everything from the modest OM cartridges to a couple of Cadenza up to an A90. I typically enjoy Ortofon cartridges.

Now one I have never owned is the MC2000. It seems from a bit of reading I have done that owners of the MC2000 felt it was the most accurate of the Ortofon cartridges, and that releases after it were not its equal.

However, when you look at the MC3000 it has a higher output level that would allow it to work with my Esoteric phono stage. The Esoteric is happy running an MC200 on it which has .09 mV output. but the MC2000 is .05 mV. The MC 3000 MK II is .13 mV from what I find.

Has anyone spent time listening to these classic MC 000 series of Ortofon cartridges? I know there is also a 5000 and 7500, but those seem to be pretty rare.

Regarding the MC2000, I wonder if I use a low mass headshell if I can use it on the Dynavector DV505. I don’t think the mass of the arm in the horizontal plane should affect it, and the vestigial arm can be configured to be an appropriate match for the compliance on this cartridge.

I currently have an MC200u on the arm and its very surprising regarding how good it sounds. Its actually pretty neutral, pretty expressive, but just a bit relaxed in the top end. I certainly enjoy it, but I wonder how these statement cartridges from the classic Ortofon line will sound. These would have been from their long time designer who has now retired, so its a different era of Ortofon versus what their current offerings are. Even though we should acknowledge that the current cartridges use design principals that were developed from this earlier time period and engineering team. 

Thoughts?
neonknight
Dear @neonknight  : Thank's to your thread yesterday I was looking for Ortofon 000 manuals or something that can help on information and I found out one box of 2000 and one big box of the 5000 and this one with only the Ortofon usual VTF tool and that finding makes me to remember this:

due that no Ortofon distributor in my country they decided to sale for me directly and that's what I did it with my MC 2000's and latter on I look for the MC 3000 and bougth it from Ortofon.

Been accustomed to the 2000 the 3000 disapointed a little and when I changed ( time latter. ) from a headshell by accident I put so many torque in the crews that that ceramic just broken. Ortofon was so kidness that with out charge other than both ways shipping offered to me the MC5000 that latter on I sold and I can't remember why I still have the original double box.

Now, the 5000 was a good performer but I prefered the 2000, specially the one with boron cantilever.

After that I bougth a second hand ( low hours ) 3000 MK2 that I like it more.

There is no doubt that the 3000/5000 where builded with ceramic not what the Ortofon link said it.

Here two links that talks what is that ceramic:

https://www.stereophile.com/phonocartridges/188ortofon/index.html

http://korfaudio.com/hs-a01

Btw, I owned SAEC and Victor/JVC ceramic headshells: SAEC white color and JVC in near black.

Look for the 7500 and not so much for the 5000. Only an opinion.

R.
@best-groove

Ah thank you so much. Yes it certainly is informative reading, and provides a good deal of insight. It is my thought that Ortofon always seems to make level headed design choices that are aimed at the performance of the cartridge rather than the mystique and aesthetics of it. As I go through various albums I have to wonder about later generation Ortofon cartridges. I have owned an A90, and to be honest I am not sure I would choose it over this cartridge. If anything, the MC3000 II seems a bit more balanced and even keeled in terms of tonal balance and its ability to express fine detail. I do have my eyes peeled for a MC7500, I will obtain one some day. 

Do you know what kind of alloy they are using for the cantilever? It has a matt finish and even a touch of grey to its color. I also understand it is tapered, and I wonder what they have done to this cantilever to improve its performance over a standard aluminum one. Unfortunately no reviews I have found address this, and Ortofon only refers to the cantilever as aluminum. It would be good to know any more info about this, if its out there. 

Once again, thanks so much for making the effort and taking the time to create that post. It is greatly appreciated. 
Do you know what kind of alloy they are using for the cantilever?

No the user manual does not explain it or at least I was unable to identify the composition; explains the body, the stylus, the suspension, other details but not the details of the cantilever.
I will try to browse the magazines of the time with the review.
How would the Ortofon Jubilee compare with these older cartridges? The Jubilee was at the top of Ortofon's range in its time.
I have just bought a "new" Jubilee from Ortofon's Treasure Trove and have been very impressed with it. I like it better than my Windfeld Ti and Cadenza Black.