Classe SSP-800 - Time to move on?

I'm looking for some advice...

I've been a happy owner of a Classe ssp-800 for the past 8 years.   Its been a terrific unit and I've found it to be a very musical.  Initially I focused on buying a high in audiophile processor that could also function reasonably well as a 2 channel preamp as it made a lot of financial sense at the time.

Since then my system has grown and changed a lot and I now have a dedicated Ayre preamp in the chain for my 2 channel listening which works great.

So my question is with all of the new home theater audio formats(and 4k) coming out and with room correction built in to a lot of processors now does it make sense to move on?   I've been specifically looking at the Anthem AVM 60, but am open to suggestions.   The whole idea of room correction sounds really good to me.

I would love to hear from some of you previous Classe SSP 800 owners to see if you had any remorse after selling your processor. 

Thanks

rshad0000

Showing 1 response by jh901

I only have a single source in my home theater (Panny UB900), which sits next to my projector and has dual-outs. I run a very short HDMI to the projector and a long HDMI run carrying only the audio to my Pre-pro. I suppose most people have at least another source, such as cable/Sat.

Anyhow, I'm going to try out the minimalist audiophile route by replacing my Marantz AV7005 with a Cary Audio Cinema 12. No auto set-up. No EQ. No Atmos. I have acoustic treatment, such as bass traps. I'm highly confident the sound of the Cary will be far, far better than my old Marantz even when running Audyssey (I hope!), but I do wonder if the 8802A, for example, would beat it.

I could see trying the SSP 800 at some point if I'm pleased with the Cary. I've gathered that it is the king.