Classe Model Ten or McCormack DNA-125? Or...?

Hi all, 

Putting together a new (used) system and looking for some comments on amp and integrateds. My current preamp is a McCormack RCD-1, but that will change if I go with an integrated. Speakers are Vandy 2C’s. I have the following speakers cables in my stock: Mogami W3082, Kimber 4TC and Audioquest CV-4. Interconnects choices are Mogami 2549 And Kimber PBJ.

I can pick up the Classe Model 10 for $400. The McCormack DNA-125 will be $775. I’m sure the symergy with the McCormack pieces will be great, but wondering how the Classe and RLD-1 would sound together? 

If I decide on an integrated, I’m considering a Roksan K2, which has 125 wpc at 8 ohms. The only other integrated I would consider is maybe a Naim XS, but I think the 60wpc is a little lite for the Vandys.

jsbach1685

Showing 1 response by dpac996

I also vote McCormack.  Amazing amps. My original DNA 0.5 that i bought off audiogon in 2005 still going strong in my brother's system. I like to grab it every so often to reference my merry go round equipment over the years. Always a treat to hear the 0.5. I have had 2 DNA 225s, a DNA 1, DNA0.5 Rev B, and now im on my second mint condition DNA 125 (btw, never one issue with any dna amp. They simply play music and get out of the way). I keep telling myself ill keep it forever, but us audiophiles have a way with words...lol. seriously though it is a great match with the Light Speed Attenuator. The pair sounds very transparent, lush etc. I am expecting Dynaudio Special 40's this week because i downsized from the amazing s5.4 and im sure the 125 will drive these as well as it did (to my shock and pleasant surprise) the big s5.4. There is something just 'right' about the DNA amps. God willing i will try other pieces of gear, because thats just plain half the fun of it, but I'll probably be keeping the 125.
Cheers and happy listening