Classe cp-500 verses the Lyngdorf dpa-1

Hello Augiogon members.

I have a Classe cp-500 preamp that is pretty darn cool. I am using it with a couple of Classe CA-M 400s. My problem is my room size and listening location. Big room but limited listening position location.

My room isn't bright but female vocals resonate just a bit more than I can stand when my Martin Logans are placed in an otherwise "best under circumstances" configuration. I can move the speakers and get a little better on the female vocals but loose in other areas. Again, room problem!

I am currently auditioning the Lyngdorf rp-1 and just received it yesterday so I haven't really had time to play with it much. It has helped resolved several sound issues but also seems to add a little something I am not sure that I like yet.

Hence my question: Classe cp-500 or Lyngdorf dpa-1?Lyngdorf also makes the dpa-1 preamp. Problem is I can't audition it because it isn't available for auditioning, only the rp-1 is. Has anyone ever compared the Classe preamp to the Lyngdorf one?

I am told that the Lyngdorf preamp version of Room Correction is slightly better than the rp-1 Room Correction.

Should I sell my Classe preamp and go for the Lyngdorf preamp?

Any experience with these components? Please help.

Thank you,

Rodney Marion
128x128rodneymarion

Showing 1 response by tc_charger