Classe compared to the Theta Dreadnaught

I am not an audiophile and putting my first real HT system together. I understand that you usually can not compare a $4000 amp to a $6500 amp. How much better is the Dreadnaught? I have not been able to compare them but hope to do so. I have limited funds so spending an additional $1400 dollars to buy a used Dreadnut vs a Classe is an important decision. Thanks
P.S. For what its worth, based on speaking with Classe the CAV-180 is not really comparable to the CAV- 150. Thanks.
flash_g_man

Showing 2 responses by danielk141

I believe the current Theta mono amps were designed by someone from Classe. Maybe he had input(!) on the Dreadnaught too...
I'm going to suggest you check out the Sherbourn 5/1500 amp. I have a friend with a Bryston 9BST THX ULTRA. I borrowed it & was very impressed. I was planning to buy one. Then I checked out the Sherbourn. Same design basics as the Bryston - 5 discrete monoblocs in a common chassis.
400 VA tranformer & more power (200 watts into 8 ohms, 300 watts into 4 ohms). I ordered one last week - the day I got my tax refund. It definitely is not as good looking as the 9B, but it does have more power & costs less than 1/2 as much...