Classe Cap 151 vs Krell Kav 300i

I am looking to buy used intregeated amp and I end up with Classe Cap 151 and Krell Kav 300i. I do not know which amp is better for my Sonus Faber Concerto. I like to listen Jazz, Pop-Rock, Dance and some Techno music
neronian
Hello, Why did you choose the SF Concerto's. I am in the market for similar speaker and heard them at a bad lofi store. What else did you listen to?
Last year I happen to audition both of the integrated amps, and they were hooked up to b&w N805, I too listen alot of electronic music, dance and a little bit jazz. I prefer the sound of the Krell. hope this helps. good luck!
I have heard both of these integrateds and can tell you in no-uncertain terms that the Densen D-10 is a MUCH better sounding piece. Granted, it's half the power output, but will drive the SFs easily. There's one on Ebay now with optional phono. If you really need the power, go for the Plinius. E-mail me if you're interested in the 8150.
I have a pair of Concertos that I really like but decided to move from tubes to SS. I had a 300i and a Densen B100 in my living room for a week. The 60wpc Densen has it all over the Krell and looks much nicer too. I listen to the same type of music as you and I can't believe you would want more power than the Densen. There are quite a few 300i out there for sale. Look at the reviews at AR. Not exactly stellar. Not sure on the Classe but it would have to be awful good to better the Densen.
Tried both the Cap 151 and the Kav 300i, in the end I choose the Plinius 8150i. Much more musical & neutral. the Plinius matches also a wide variety of speakers from Dynaudios, Totems, SOnus Fabers.
The CAP is more laid back , the Krell is more forward, the Plinius is almost twice the price and more neutral if you don't mind waiting for it to warm up. Moon has the I-5 at 80 WPC which has been favorably reviewed in the rags. If you can, give each contender a listen otherwise you never really know until you hook it up in your system.
I HAD A KRELL FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND ENJOYED IT IMMENSELY. I JUST TRADED IT IN FOR THE AUDIO RESEARCH INTEGRATED. SINCE I AM GETTING OLDER THE AR IS A LITTLE EASIER ON THE EARS AND WITH A GOOD SUB YOU CAN GET EXCELLENT BASS WITHOUT NEEDING THE KRELL. WHAT DOES YOUR DEALER RECOMMEND. I TRUST JOHN WEIRES AT AUDIO VIDEO LOGIC, DES MOINES IOWA.
I have the Krell 300i. It is a great amp. I heard it with the Grand Pianos and it was a great match. For the price, about $1500 used, in the right system, you can't beat it. It is truely a high end piece of equipment and requires system matching. When you get it right, it will amaze you.
I was trying to make the same decision, and was also auditioning the BANG FOR THE BUCK arcam FMJ22. After much listening bought the CAP 151 this week, it sounds incredible. I originally thought it was a little brighter in the midrange than the krell, but after more listening, I found it incredible.