Classe Cam200 or Ca201?

Trying to decide between the two. Anyone have any experience with this gear and a comparison? Driving AE1's MKII with Classe pre-amp. Obviously a little more bass would be nice. Should I save for a 301? I do have a REL Storm III for low, low end. Thanks.
wdouglas

Showing 1 response by steev_n

I demo'd both the CA201 and the CAM 200s. I had the CA201 for a month while I was waiting for my dealer to get in the CAM 200s. Both sound very good - the midrange is the most "musical" of any SS I've heard. However, I thought the CAM 200s were better at image focus and deep bass control. I bought the CAM 200s. If you're using something else for low bass, the CA201 may be good enough.

By the way, if you choose the CA201, buy the newest version. I demo'd it side-by-side with the prior version and the new one definitely sounded better. Some people say they are identical except for cosmetics, but I disagree. I am not sure what is different, but I weighed both of them and the new one weighs 5 pounds more than the old one (bigger power transformer ????).