Classe CAM 350 upgrade for Conrad Johnson MF2500A?

Having owned some CJ gear (both tube and SS amps) and very happy with them, my upgrade path is the Premier 350 but it seldom comes up for sale.

Listening mostly to Jazz, Classic and some Rock, I am looking for better resolution and more slam in the bass region whilst keeping the good characteristics (in short, very musical and tubey sound) that my current MF2500A offers. The MF2500A drives a pair of modded Dunlavy SC-IVs and is fed by a CJ CT-5, all NordOst IC & SCs.

Anyone care to share his/her experience comparing these two power amps? In other words, would the CAM350s be a good step up?

Alternatively, which amp would you suggest as an alternative as the next logical step up from the CJ MF2500A?
polyglot

Showing 2 responses by unsound

In my conversations with John Dunlavy; he recommended ss amps, especially Class D and particularly (in order): Jeff Rowland and Spectron.
I'm a bit surprised that you didn't notice a worthwhile difference running bi-amped 2500A's. I had a friend who went from using one pair of B&K M200's to two pairs of B&K M200's (which he had factory matched) with the Dunlavy SC IV's, and the improvement was much greater than either of us expected. It just wasn't about sheer volume either, inner detail, sound-stage width and depth, an overall greater suaveness if you will. I can only guess that it might have been due to more availability of more sustained Class A bias. BTW, I've used ss c-j in the past on Thiels (a not so very different type of speaker) and enjoyed the c-j very much with them.