Classe CA 400, Pass Labs X250 and X350 comparison.

I am thinking of upgrading my amplifier. I have a Bryston 4B-ST. My system consists of a Classe model 6R preamp, Coincident Total Eclipse speakers, Theta Miles balanced cd player along with a Arcam CD92 cd player. I am leaning toward Pass Labs X250 or X350 (more power). Along with a cheaper alternative the Classe CA 400. I like blues and classic rock for music choices. I am looking to improve dynamics,detail,wider/deeper soundstage and maybe improve mids and highs. I would greatly appreciate any comments, opinions and suggestions regarding these amplifiers. Offering suggestions about how any of these amps could improve over my Bryston are important. I think Bryston has a good reputation for having good bass, would the amps I have suggested improve that? Thank you in advance, Somebody please respond. One other note the Pass Labs amps have the X250.5 model is it a notable choice over the other two. There is quite a considerable price increase to purchase one?
ekaras

Showing 1 response by jylee

Do you need that much power for your 94dB efficient speakers? My Focals have 93dB efficiency, and I rarely need more than 100 watts in 15 x 20 room with 9 ft ceiling. I am currently using XA-30.5 with excellent result, and I think it would be a good match for your speakers as well. Despite the model number suggests, XA-30.5 clips at over 100 watt while still in class A.