Classe ca-2100 vs ca-2300

I currently have a Classe ca-2100. I have been thinking of upgrading to a ca-2300 but I am not sure how much of an improvement, if any, I will obtain. Does anybody have any experience with the two?
rflaugher

Showing 2 responses by davt

I have the CA-2200 and did have a CT-2300 delivered to my house for a week of listening. The amp was broken in and the CT-2300 is the same as the CA-2300 but different cosmetics. For my ears and in my system I prefered the CA-2200. The 2200 is bias closer to class A, ran hotter, had more midrange bloom and depth and was a little less critical. The 2300 had deeper and more solid base and reached higher in the treble. It sounded very nice as well and was perhaps a more well rounded amp. I have also spent a lot of time with both the Sophia's (II and III, wonderful speakers) and knowing their sound, strengths and capabilities if I had to choose from a CA-2200 or CA-2300 to drive the Sophia III's, I would choose the CA-2300. But ideally I would want to hear them first. Hope this helps.
Just a response my percieved strengths of each speaker and musical taste. I find the Verity much smoother and engaging in the mid range and this is the strength of the 2200. The Wilsons I have heard have a little more energy top and bottom and again this seems to be the strength of the 2300.