Classe CA-200 and B&W 805N combo??

Hi,

I'm at a crossroads with my system and its got me pretty frustrated. In the past 6 months, I've purchased a pair of Paradigm studio 100v.2 and a Mccormack DNA-1. For some reason, probably related to speaker positioning, I've been unable to get the bass that I like. I can't place these speakers five feet into my room to get a minimal amount of bass. (See system at: http://cgi.audioasylum.com/systems/7131.html) So, I've started to think about getting a pair of moniters and a Rel sub. The sound right now is way too forward. I have to turn the volume up to unacceptable levels to get any bass at all. I've tried everything and I'm at my wits end. I'm ready to sell the Mccormack also, because it also is contributing to the harsh sound. I'm thinking of getting a Classe CA-200.

I'm sorry if this simple sounds like a cry for help. I hate dealing with equipment problems. I just want the music to sound good!

John B
oregon3

Showing 2 responses by uriah

Ship what Judy says, she's just a B&W basher. Try the Classe amp. I'm using Classe amps with my N802's and the sound is just awesome. Your Paradigm's are also a favorite of mine and need to get closer to the wall for more bass. You might even be able to keep your Mccormack DNA-1 as it's a fine amp just keep moving the speakers a little closer to the wall until you get the bass you need. Going with all those speakers listed above is not going to solve the problem, you need to try to fix the set up as Kr4 suggested and stay away from speakers with cheap drivers.
Green Mountain Audio, Silverline, Zu, JM Reynaud, Tyler, Gallo, YUK Maybe one should look into a horn speaker like the Avantgarde Trios, double yuk and what an ugly one, LOL