Classe CA-101 Remote turn on Module?

I recently purchased a pre-owned Classe CA-101, on the back it has a phone style jack where a remote trigger module would plug in to turn on the amp with my pre-amp, It does not have the newer style 1/8" mini plug 12 volt trigger input. Classe does not make these anymore, does anyone know where I can still buy one, or how to modify the amp to be able to use a 12volt trigger?

Thanks
RP.
soundgravy

Showing 4 responses by gbart

Soundgravy,
You are talking about the Classe RC-1 remote interface. The RJ12 phone style jack on the older model Classe amps were meant to work with the now discontinued RC-1. They are extremely hard to find. I know of no modification for the CA-101 but I have an RJ12 jack pinout wiring diagram and a simple circuit that came from Classe for a manual remote pigtail switch. The amp can be triggered in either of two ways - by an external manual switch with the amp supplying the 12V trigger or if you can find a means to apply a single 12V pulse to the RJ12 jack, this will trigger the amp. Each application of the 12V pulse will turn the amp on and off.

Glen B
Classé sells a remote pigtail with RJ-12 phone jack on one end and a small circuit board on the other end. You plug the pigtail into the remote jack on the back of the amp, and you plug the amp into any kind of remote triggered outlet, like the Niles Audio AC-3 or the Russound ACT-1. When the outlet is energized, the circuit on the end of the remote pigtail senses the power and turns the amp on. I think the Classé remote pigtail is around $25.00-$30.00.

I can also build you an IR learning remote switcher that plugs into the RJ-12 jack. The switcher can be powered by any 12V wall wart supply, and can be taught the code from any IR remote.

Send me a PM and I will reply with the Classé pinout diagram with my enhancements.

Here's a link to pics of an IR switcher I built for someone with a Classé CA-150:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/191557/2097974
Can, I sent a reply to your PM. Contact the Classé factory first about your problems with the pigtail. It may be defective.