Class D vs Class AB - Looking for best used budget amplifier for Magnepan MG12

I am in the market for a budget used amp for my Magnepan MG12.

I tried Parasound classic line, model 2125 and currently using Parasound model 275. Both amps can easily drive the maggies up to 90db without any audible distortion.

I am considering a budget class D amp like Crown, Behringer etc. or a class AB amp with MOSFET output stage, like B&K or other options like, Parasound, NAD, Anthem, Sunfire etc.

Price range $300 - $600 for a used unit.

What I’m looking for is an improvement in power, soundstage and detail to get best performance out of the Maggies MG12 compared to current setup with Parasound 2125 or 275.

Amps came into my mind in that price range so far:

B&K ST125.2

Parasound HCA 1500A

Crown Pro XLi1500

Crown XLS2502

Questions:

1- Can Crown modern Class D-Drive Core Technology like Crown Pro XLi1500 or Crown XLS2502 with lot of power sound as good or better than a class AB amp with maggies?

2- Is B&K ST125.2 a good match or better than Crown XLS2502 - Crown Pro XLi1500 for the MG12? Which one does sound better with the Maggies?

Thanks

thxbest
Those crowns are industrial sounding.     If you listen to speed metal you might like them.  If you listen to any other kind of music it will sound like a PA  amplifier.    The paramount or rotel or adcom amps of the 90s should be in your budget maybe old Aragon or soundcraftsman would be a little more rare to find but sound pretty darn good  on your budget 
A. OR A/AB.  
mess with D and be disappointed

don’t be fooled by the hype.
 There is no substitute,,,,,,,,,

<< cough >> Haha!

I have a pair of ICEpower 250 ASP based monoblocks. You could not tell them apart from Parasound A21s of similar power with most speakers.

We are 20 years into the 21st century, it's time to step up.
There are some excellent Class D amps out there.

Best,
E

The majority of Class D Amps will sound better in that price range, except in the low level highs. The current state of design will result in the choice of distortion, roll off, or cover up with even order distortion to deal with distortion created by the high frequency switching.
To clarify, Class D amps are not "digital". They are analog with fast switching power (the digital part). As the new kid on the technology block, it will have the least refinement and I have yet to hear a cheap Class D that sounds like anything other than a cheap amplifier. I'm not saying they can't exist, just not worth the trouble.