Class D is just Dandy!

I thought it was time we had a pro- Class D thread. There's plenty of threads about comparisons, or detractors of Class D.

That's fine, you don't have to like Class D amps, and if you don't please go participate on one of those threads.

For those of us who are very happy and excited about having musical, capable amps that we can afford to keep on 24/7 and don't require large spaces to put them in, this thread is for you.

Please share your experiences with class D amps!
erik_squires
But any speaker manufacturer worth his salt will tell you that doubling up on low order high power filters at or around the same area has it own set of problems with ringing ect.
While this is true, this does not translate to the filters used in a class D amp, which is operating well outside of the audio band. The filter on a class D amp is blocking the switching noise of the amp and nothing more; it does not pay to have that filter go any lower than need be on order to be effective.

If the amplifier is switching fast enough, the internal inductance of the speaker itself is often enough to block the switching noise.
Post removed 
You should get your facts right. It’s not N-Force, it’s NCore
Really!! I stand corrected.

And there is no modification to NC-500 module itself.
We were told different by the importer/demonstrator, unless he had it wrong.

Why should various amps based on circuit boards of the same technology (NCore) and made by the same company (Hypex) sound different?
I wonder, could it have to do with what the demonstrator told us???

Cheers George
If this "effect" has been remedied, or if I was just imagining it all, maybe a summer amp?
Design plays a huge role! Some amps are not very involving and some are.

Some class D amps employ Delta-Sigma processing, some are simple Delta, some are self-oscillating (the latter require loop feedback to operate correctly, the former two can operate with zero feedback with careful design).

Scan frequencies can cover a wide range. Some have dynamically variable scan frequencies. Some amps employ op-amp input circuitry for the audio, others are discreet and its even possible to have passive input circuits.

So with all these variants you just have to try one out and see if it works for you.
Hi Everyone,

Just FYI, Mytek has just posted info on their Class D amp to their web site.

The Mytek Amp fits perfectly under a Brooklyn DAC for a little under $2k. Order with the Brooklyn DAC and you get a $500 package discount ($3500 or so) which is a really good deal.

More here:

https://mytekdigital.com/hifi/products/brooklyn_amp/

For the power rating (250W/Ch) this is one of the smallest Class D amps I’ve ever seen.

I can’t wait to look inside it! :)

Erik