Class D is just Dandy!

I thought it was time we had a pro- Class D thread. There's plenty of threads about comparisons, or detractors of Class D.

That's fine, you don't have to like Class D amps, and if you don't please go participate on one of those threads.

For those of us who are very happy and excited about having musical, capable amps that we can afford to keep on 24/7 and don't require large spaces to put them in, this thread is for you.

Please share your experiences with class D amps!
erik_squires
Post removed 

You are right @stfoth, some 10 years ago, most class D amplifiers that I listen to sounded either hi-fiish -- like a Technics stereo of the early 1980s, or darkling, or hazy, or even outright screetchy... Yet, even some 10 years ago, some class D amps were already making real music... I fell totally in love and adopted one of the few class D amps which made real music without compromises: The Rowland M312 stereo.

Today the class D field is very different. While you might still find the occasional screetch owl out there, most class D amps seem to be making real music, and more than a few are exceptional music makers. In general, you cannot go wrong with amps based on NCore NC1200 or Pascal M-Pro2 modules.

George, Bel Canto M600 is a relatively entry level monoblock amp. Using the scaled down NC500 NCore module, They were conceived to fulfill price point of a price sensitive segment of the market. At $5K/pair, They are not an attempt to scale the summit of absolute performance levels of amps based on the full NC1200 modules or Pascal M-Pro2 and X-Pro2 modules.

Hi Lalitk, the Rowland M725 monos are based on a class A/B topology. You might have meant the M825 stereo instead, which like M925, sports NC1200 modules.

Regards, G.

But any speaker manufacturer worth his salt will tell you that doubling up on low order high power filters at or around the same area has it own set of problems with ringing ect.
While this is true, this does not translate to the filters used in a class D amp, which is operating well outside of the audio band. The filter on a class D amp is blocking the switching noise of the amp and nothing more; it does not pay to have that filter go any lower than need be on order to be effective.

If the amplifier is switching fast enough, the internal inductance of the speaker itself is often enough to block the switching noise.
Post removed 
You should get your facts right. It’s not N-Force, it’s NCore
Really!! I stand corrected.

And there is no modification to NC-500 module itself.
We were told different by the importer/demonstrator, unless he had it wrong.

Why should various amps based on circuit boards of the same technology (NCore) and made by the same company (Hypex) sound different?
I wonder, could it have to do with what the demonstrator told us???

Cheers George