Class D is just Dandy!

I thought it was time we had a pro- Class D thread. There's plenty of threads about comparisons, or detractors of Class D.

That's fine, you don't have to like Class D amps, and if you don't please go participate on one of those threads.

For those of us who are very happy and excited about having musical, capable amps that we can afford to keep on 24/7 and don't require large spaces to put them in, this thread is for you.

Please share your experiences with class D amps!
erik_squires

When I'm watchin' my tv and a man comes on and tell me
How white my shirts can be
But, he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't smoke
The same cigarettes as me

- The Rolling Stones, 1965
*L*  Yeah, that cuts to the chase, doesn't it...;)

At the extremes of 'performance', there's 'differences' in the nuance between the various amp classifications.  No doubt, no kidding, and no big surprises there.   When tubes met transistors, I remember the 'dust up' over that...and then, tape vs. vinyl with cassettes....and then the CD format began the digital 'evolution'.  We're still 'A/B'ing THAT...

Will there Ever be a resolution over Anything?  NO. *L*

We all approach things with different expectations over (as far as my experience goes) Any Damn Thing you can bother to name to me. *L*

Our audio, cars, homes, spouses, children, friends, employment, the *sshole next door or the nation/state on the other side of the f'n planet.
It doesn't surprise me that the aliens are staying away from us for that reason, either.

We're so damn fractious that we'll argue over the color of daylight.  I'm happy that we can co-operate at all...

I apologize...I don't mean to launch into a rant 'n rave, but Sometimes...  the obvious seems to escape us.  You will like what you like.  You will disdane what you don't.  I may think you are out of your mind; you will feel the same towards me.  That's fair.  As long as you like what you've chosen to surround yourself with, I'm good with that and will wish you well.  If I choose to squat in garbage, well...if I'm smiling, that ought to do it for me...;)

There's more important things at the end of the day...right?

I like D.  It's evolving.  We are, too.  'Twas always thus, and will always be.  Just relax, and watch the floor show.  Try to be entertained...*G*
Just as an aside, and not meant to cause a flame up, being so hard and fast with how class D has to progress in certain areas in order to be considered decent doesn’t make much sense. The only class D set up that I’ve listened to for more than 30 minutes is the Audio Alchemy brand and it uses the older Hypex UcD version that Bruno says is inferior to what his latest NCore offerings.

I’ve heard both types and I’ll take the Audio Alchemy approach to his Mola-Mola approach, hands down. I’ve heard the Mola-Mola a few times, in different set ups, and it was always too polite, laid back, and seemed to lack dynamics. I know it’s all in the implementation and it seems that Peter Madnick knows his way around the Hypex unit, as well as lots of other ones since he’s been involved (without public credit) in the design and implementation of lots of other class D projects for other makes.

If I had the funds, I’d sell my Marantz Reference integrated and take a chance on the Audio Alchemy: it impressed me that much.

All the best,
Nonoise