Class D is just Dandy!

I thought it was time we had a pro- Class D thread. There's plenty of threads about comparisons, or detractors of Class D.

That's fine, you don't have to like Class D amps, and if you don't please go participate on one of those threads.

For those of us who are very happy and excited about having musical, capable amps that we can afford to keep on 24/7 and don't require large spaces to put them in, this thread is for you.

Please share your experiences with class D amps!
erik_squires
....and I'm happy to see that this thread is having some relatively 'healthy' give 'n take. *G*  (Knuckle bump to Eric)

D will become Dominant; it's just a matter of taming the beast to become 'tolerable' to those of us with 'sensitive ears'...

*S*  Yes, that's a tad snide, but y'all have to be a little patient for the designers and manufacturers to 'get it down'. ;)

I won't be surprised if some wag comes out with a D amp that has a option that would duplicate the 'sound' of an A, an A/B, or whatever...  Perhaps a function labeled 'Variable'. *L*  Twiddle 'till you're seriously happy or seriously disgusted....

Ah, the Future....Live It, or Live With It.... ;)

asvjerry
Well said, as I've also stated, even I will ditch my boat anchors when the technology allows that dreaded switching frequency (Class-D's Achilles heel) to be 2-3 times higher than what it is. Then it will be an amp to contend
with.

Cheers George

@georgehifi 

Just by reading your posts, I am convinced that you are stuck in Class A/B la la land. Since you're struck there that can only mean one thing: not being firmly in the present.

Through either anxiously living in an anticipated future or stuck in the habitual past, we cut ourselves off from the inspiration and creativity that exists when we are fully present.

The following five steps may help you clear away the mental cobwebs, swiftly returning you back to the creative flow where you belong.

1. Hit the Shower
2. Seek out Sweat Sessions
3. Change the Channel
4. Change the Environment 
5. Still stuck, seek professional help. 

Class D is here and contending head and shoulders with Class A/B.