Class D is just Dandy!

I thought it was time we had a pro- Class D thread. There's plenty of threads about comparisons, or detractors of Class D.

That's fine, you don't have to like Class D amps, and if you don't please go participate on one of those threads.

For those of us who are very happy and excited about having musical, capable amps that we can afford to keep on 24/7 and don't require large spaces to put them in, this thread is for you.

Please share your experiences with class D amps!
erik_squires
Post removed 
I received my ATI Class D 3-channel amp. Right out the box it's a definite improvement over the Marantz SR5011 and Marantz MM7055 I had. I'm using it to drive my center and rear channel. The power and clarity is just what I wanted. Now if I could figure out how to reduce the white noise between my Marantz AV 7702 and Corus preamp when in HT bypass. I thought I had it reduced with a power cord with the SR5011, but with the current 7702 it's bad. I'll start a new post or revive my old post.
Post removed 
Can’t really argue with that. :) The separates craze creates it’s own list of extra problems to solve.

At the same time, I really really like selecting my own parts. I find it a real difficult thing to want to give control to some one else as to what makes my system.

If I could, a two box system with a 5 channel amp and HT processor would have been here long ago. :)

Best,

E

This part was eye opening. 

S&V: Generally speaking, what are the key benefits of Class D versus the traditional Class AB and Class A designs that have long been favored by audiophiles?
BP: Efficiency and therefore the ability to construct amps that are powerful for their size. Only that. Modern Class D amps, in particular mine—ahem—sound good not because they’re Class D, but in spite of it. I can’t repeat that often enough. Left to its own devices, a switching power stage tries to do just about anything except amplify audio. You choose Class D to save energy but it’s all elbow grease after that. People don’t realize how much more challenging Class D is compared to Class AB. It’s truly an order of magnitude.
Read more at https://www.soundandvision.com/content/bruno-putzeys-head-class-d#S70SckY6kyOPIC2d.99